Tuesday, October 12, 2010

It wasn't pretty...but it got done.
Mother Nature socked us with temps that sent the alert level from green (Good) (really?  in what universe is that GOOD to start a marathon?) at the start (69deg) to black (Maximum) (88deg) by the time I hit mile 22.
Here is one thing I will say for now...training in the hot Texas weather does NOT mean you are prepared for a full marathon in the same conditions.  It helps to assist you in surviving, but it does not equate to a good race by any means.
More later...I am beat from 4 days of Chicago and traveling all day today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it's all about survival. Good job making it through all 26.2!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

That's how I felt after SA last year. After the temps, humidity, and seeing so many people down, I was just happy to finish

Anonymous said...

wow!! the alert had gone up to red when I finished but I had no idea it got as bad as black!! at any rate, congrats on making it through!!!

Junie B said...

ny congrats on your pr! still waiting on your official race report! glanced at your page yesterday (still on vacation)... and yeah i only saw 2 flags like that then it was red on some. like some didnt get the memo or something?

TX Runner Mom said...

Congrats on a great race June!!! You did great even with the damn heat.

I am the opposite - for me it's ALL about NYC and it's buroughs. I hated the damn bridges (especially Queensborough), but there's just something about NY taht I just love. Don't get me wrong - Chicago was good to me, but it was so cold (in the 30s and even drizzly at the beginning) that the crowds didn't hang out in a lot of areas (especially around the AA Center).