Saturday, October 16, 2010

Didn't run with Kenyan Way this morning.  Getting up at the butt crack of dawn to run 5-6 miles just didn't seem sensible :O)

So about 7:25 I took off from mi casa and did a 3 mile loop which took me by Lukes so I could get a drink of water, then I ran a 2.5 mile loop before calling it a day.  5.5 for the day less than a week after Chicago.  I'll take it.

Everything feels ok, but I just feel incredibly slow.  Legs still feel like they have a bit of lead in them which I know will be gone with a couple more runs.

2 comments:

Vince A. said...

Hey I read your Chicago posts, sounds like you wrote those for my race. Personal worst, but I was going to finish if I had to drink every last cup of water on the way. Tremendous city and race and crowd support, my hosts said that 1.7 million were in attendance. And the subway from the airport only costs $2.25!! After a week of self pity I'm back on the horse for Dallas too, the full. Lets do it.

Junie B said...

yeah you cant beat the $2.25!

i finally downloaded my splits yesterday and i was very encouraged by them. I was so ON through 16, held my own through 21 and it was very evident with the 22 split that that is where i contemplated quitting. somehow i managed to keep going and finished the last 1.2 with some dignity!

great job to you and hopefully dallas will hold some better weather for us!