Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Currently.....

Here is a little peek into my world as it is currently:
 
Loving
The fact that we've had 4 days now of warmer weather so I can run outside!!
Its been in the 50's and 60's; and even though by the time I run and its dark out (the temps drop like a rock as soon as the sun is setting), its still in the high 30's or maybe 40.  Last night with our run club, we had our last group run of the year and it was pretty darn cold;  We don't start until 6pm and the feels like was 19.  Holy shit I was freezing :)

Although today it all ends and single digit, sub-zero wind chills, snow and ice start again tomorrow.  It was rare for December in Nebraska but man did my mood perk up over the past few days ;)
 
Watching
Scandal!
 

 
I just started Season 2.  I never had any interest in this show, which is still on regular TV, but after seeing a lot of hoopla on FB and Twitter I figured I would give it a go.  VERY good!  Its keeping me interested while waiting for House of Cards, OITNB and the last 8 episodes of Breaking Bad to hit Netflix.  I have a lot of other series in my queue, but I can only watch one at a time ;)
 
Reading
Still reading Revenge Wears Prada.  I haven't been reading on my iPad quite as near as I should be, but I'm determined hopefully to finish it by year end so I can start the Divergent series.

 
 
Eating
Well it is the holidays but I've been good.  I am still eating 95% vegetables, but I did roast a chicken for Thanksgiving and I had a hamburger at Sonic last weekend when I drove down to Sterling, CO.


 
 
I do eat fish about once or twice a week, depending on if I've gone to Ft. Collins or Cheyenne which is where I have to go to get decent seafood.
 
Right this second though, I'm eating a banana ;o)

Don't fret, I'm enjoying a holiday cookie, cake or snacks at least once a day ;)
 
Sipping
Water, water, water.
Coffee, coffee, coffee.
 
I've given up Diet Coke; for the most part.  I guess on average I am still having 1-2 a week.
 
 
Listening
Nothing really.  I don't listen to music much anymore, except when I am running, so whatever is popular on the radio that is catchy and I like to run to, thats what I am listening to.  I did purchase 2 Christmas albums this holiday season and I've listened to those: Harry Connick Jr and the Glee Christmas one as well.
 
 
Anticipating
Duh.  Going home for Christmas!!!


 
 
Thinking About
My thoughts lately, the deeper ones are about the fact that someone I thought I would always be able to have some sort of friendship with, isn't responsive.  I guess I was wrong.  One email and then never anything again.  While this person was never good enough for me, other than a friend, and did hurt me a time or two, I still wish sometimes that I had a 'pen pal' in someone that once was a significant part of my life.
 
 
Wishing
That the next few months go by swiftly so I can begin a new chapter in my life.


 
Planning
Nothing concrete or laid out, but in my head I am planning those months in the Spring when I can being a new chapter in my life.


*************************************



I hope that everyone has a blessed holiday with your families and those that you love like family!


 
 


No comments: