Monday, December 30, 2013

And Just Like That, 2013 Is On Its Way Out

What a year huh?
 
I know I didn't write a whole lot, and that's probably not going to change much.  Its certainly not a goal, much less a resolution.  e.g. 79 total posts this year compared to 196 in 2012, and boy 2010 and 2011 were BIG years for me blogging, but those were BIG years for me with running, racing, and life.
 
If you know me at all IRL, or just by reading the past few years, you know I don't do resolutions.
 
I do set goals, but that is not year to year specific; that is how I live my life.  If I want something, whether tangible or not, I figure out a way to either get it or achieve it.
 
Honestly.  And if there is one thing you can count on with me is honesty (read my comments on some blogs and you will see)...is that I get SOOOOOO tired of reading on ALL social media, including blogs about how this is going to be the year I ________________.
 
What. The. Fuck. Ever.
 
But hey, if you are one of the few that can actually power through, good for you!  Maybe THIS will be the year you _________________.
 
At the end of the day though it just doesn't happen quite the way you/we think it will be in our heads.  Even a small percentage of success though is good right?
 
Eh.  I'm not so sure I am on that bandwagon.
 
I mean sure I also want to:
  1. Lose 10 lbs
  2. Get organized
  3. Run 13 marathons (1 a month)   Umm...NOT.
  4. Save more
  5. Spend less
  6. Read a book a day
  7. Eat NO JUNK FOOD EVER EVER EVER
  8. Lose 20 lbs
  9. Meet a man
  10. Get married
  11. Have children
  12. Save the world
  13. Watch less TV
  14. Unplug
  15. Go to bed early
  16. Exercise more
  17. Cook more, eat out less
  18.  
 
Seriously?  People are SO Gdamned stupid.
But I will say that some of other peoples "resolutions" are the way I already live.  Those are just some that I see if not every year, I have seen so far this year.
 
Its not rocket science people.  If its important to you, you'll succeed, if not, you won't.  Its about as simple as 1+1

At least here, in this small town, while I do expect to see more people at our little gym it won't be like what bigger cities experience this time of year i.e. parks over-crowded, gyms over-crowded etc.  Here no one really just starts going to the gym, they are members, just don't work out hardly at all, but will try again...come the 1st of January and by Valentines Day, they'll be gone. 

Heck as far as that goes, every Monday is like January 1st here :O)
 
I have one goal in 2014 and one goal only.  At least I have something to strive for right? 
 
Oh and to just continue to do as I have been doing.  It all seems to be working out for me:  I am a healthy, thriving, and happy human being.
 
Can't ask for much more now can I?

No comments: