- Complete the Chevron Houston Marathon (4:14:59; 4:20; 4:29:59 (time goals) ..help me Lord if the wheels fall off or Mother Nature lays down a warm/humid Spring/Summer like day upon us)
- PR at every distance in the Spring, including the RnR Dallas Half Marathon mid-March (havent done a 1/2 marathon in over 2 years
- 2 Triathlons in the tri-season (late Spring/Summer); and also PR
- 2 Duathlons; and also PR
- Reach my goal weight (which means losing about 9 lbs)
- Complete 2 marathons (both under 4:30; actually closer to 4:15-4:20 pleaseandthankyou)
- Be as close to BQ'ing (4:00:59) as possible by Jan 2011 marathon (goal race is USAFit marathon here in Houston)
- Continue to eat smart (imperative to goal #5)
- Give up alcohol (as I have for the past couple of months), sans the occasional celebratory glass of wine or such for special occasions.
I have other thoughts, plans, etc., hidden away in the old noggin but they are still just spinning around in there. I thought about an ultra this coming year, but I am going to push that off till 2011. There is only so much time you know!
All that I know for certain is that I refuse to allow another year go by where I am not completely happy with my choices whether they pertain to relationship(s), running, work, or whatever. I have done way too much of that over the past couple of years and have compromised some of the values my daddy taught me, lost some self-respect, and allowed others to treat me not like they would want to be treated (you remember the Golden Rule right?). I have however, also remembered some of what I was taught, and have managed to persevere through some pretty awful situations, some personal, some professional.
Basically I am implementing my "Embrace the "It Ain't Worth It" mentality in 2010. Pish posh to any, all and everything that doesn't fit my agenda, my schedule, my values, my life, etc., so forth and so on.
Told ya. Complete selfishness shall abound in 2010.