Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Happy New Year!!! Fiiiiiiiiiinally this year is O.V.E.R.

I was going to do a decade in review sort of thing, but honestly...looking (thinking) back there isn't a whole heck of a lot that sticks out in my mind as something I actually want to remember.  And there are a couple of years (2002, 2003) that I honestly don't remember that much about anyway.  I made two of the biggest mistakes of my life; one being that I was stupid and tossed the one man that I've ever loved more than anyone by the wayside (2000) and the second being  ... well  ... anyway...  I lost a job here or there, struggled, pulled my way out successfully.  Got engaged for the 5th time :o) (2002) and subsequently broke it off about a month later... Sold my house (2003).   I started running (late 2005) and continue to run despite a few injuries here and there, made new friends along the way.  Lightened my 'backpack' along the way too, and am still in the process of that actually...did a triathlon and a couple duathlons (2009).. Ran the NYC Marathon (2008) and about to run the Houston Marathon for the 2nd time (2007 being the first time). 

2007, 2008 and most of 2009 have been filled with more heartache and disappointment than one person should ever have to deal with but such is life in the big city.  The times they are a-changin'...

All I can say is that not only am I ready for a new decade, but I am beyond ready for 2009 to be over with, despite the few and far between positive things (my new job for one), 2009 has not been one for the record books in the wonderful memories sort of way (unless it was running related).  Now that my friends is just sad.

But as I sit here and type this out, things are already changing and I see that by changing the way I bring in the new year could possibly have only positive outcomes for the year post-NYE.  I sit here with an ear to ear smile on my face, and about to burst from excitement and anticipation for tomorrow.  I cannot remember the last time that has been the case on NYE.

I finally get that the definition of 'insanity' is doing the same thing over and over again, only expecting different results. 

I'm soooooo over 'crazy; in that respect.

Bring on happy.  I sit here with open arms and open heart.

How strange it is to want to cry from being happy as opposed to the alternative. 

What a concept.

****************************************************

Tuesday workout:  6 miles (treadmill) followed by 1 hour/15 min of Vinyasa Yoga. 

Muy bueno.

I am really starting to love the yoga thing and will more than likely be purchasing a package deal as it saves a bit of money rather than paying class by class.

No comments: