Saturday, February 23, 2008

Park to Park 5 Miler

The last time I ran an official 5 mile race was 2 years ago.

My time then? 62:10

Today?

50:07; Average pace was 10:01

Um, yeah, a 12 minute PR is one that I will definitely take!

Last March, in the Law Week 8K which is 4.9 miles my time was: 53:23

So again, a PR even off a distance that was less than today by over 3 minutes.

My goal was to go sub :50 and to just have that average at under 10. Of course my mindset right now is if I hadnt stopped for water at the 3 mile mark. But I can't think like that. The last 800m I thought about the 800m repeats this past Wednesday and drew off of that, but the kick that I did have at the end just wasn't enough.

But don't get me wrong, I am pleased as peaches that I did so well.

The mile markers were off up till mile 4; as at the 3 mile mark they called out a 27+ and thats when I knew for sure they were off by about 1/4 mile. When I hit the 4 mile mark it seemed only to be off by a 1/10, and when I stopped my watch it read EXACTLY 5.00. That never happens!

Here are the splits:

Mile 1: 9:58
Mile 2: 10:11
Mile 3: 10:31
Mile 4: 10:01
Mile 5: 9:23

Again, exactly what I wanted to do. Negative splits and have a strong 5th mile.

I can't ask for anything more than that!!

Next up: Rodeo Run 5K next Saturday.

10 comments:

L*I*S*A said...

Great job on your new PR!! you rock!!

Crosstrain said...

Awesome June!! Super running.

Sam said...

Awesome run. As said above.. you ROCK!

Steve Bezner said...

Dang, how did I miss you. Well, congrats on your PR!

Sarah said...

A *12 MINUTE* PR? And practically a flat 50:00? That is super awesome! Congratulations!

Margo said...

That is a great PR!!! Congrats!! Can't wait to see you on Thursday!

Tiggs said...

WTG June. That one deserves a WOOT!

Priscilla said...

Excellent job! BTW I think I saw you at the Spirit on Thurs, very enjoyable movie.

Diane Mandy said...

That's wonderful!!! Congrats!

leslie said...

Dang, June! That ROCKS!